AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Multiple ezsteers, one cfx750 to transfer between tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Vantx50
Posted 2/17/2021 10:32 (#8839128)
Subject: Multiple ezsteers, one cfx750 to transfer between tractors

Grateful that this forum exists!
I grow produce in se Texas near Houston, it’s all pretty frozen about now.

I have a Trimble cfx750 w rtx centerpoint and an ezsteer 500 with T2 in one cab tractor.... just bought a used jd5075m open cab.

Considering to buy another ezsteer 500 and install on the jd5075m with the idea of swapping out the cfx 750. between the two tractors as needed.

Was thinking of building some sort of weather protection cover to put on the jd5075m console to hide from dust etc, barn kept at night. Thought?

Assuming a respective ezsteer remains intact/installed on each tractor, Is it pretty simple swapping the cfx750 monitor between the two tractor systems?

Is it just a function of undoing cables and mounts, swapping out to identical mount receiver/connection cables? ***Fyi Each tractor will have its own antenna as I purchased a second antenna when I bought the cfx750

Assuming i will need to inform the cfx750 what tractor I am on? Hoping not needing to recalibrate roll each time.

Time to swap out? Maybe 10 mins max?

Will an Extra set of cables for cfx750 make it easier to swap between the two? For the most part my current cables are exposed.

I did a search on this topic and found where it is practiced, just not many details.

Comments/ Suggestions?

Thx
Van

Sent from my iPad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)