AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What did I do wrong?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bleedgreen720
Posted 2/16/2021 09:13 (#8836277 - in reply to #8835730)
Subject: RE: What did I do wrong?

AB.
Nickeischeid - 2/16/2021 22:09

Baby Robin - 2/15/2021 18:47

Ntex- how bad is it getting in your area?

Our News was reporting 5 above for Dallas but a lot of the heat is emergency electric heat. How long are the rolling blackouts? Apparently, Omaha is shutting off sections of the city for 1 hour at a time and telling folks to reduce thermostat setting by 3-5 degrees.

Wind turbines are freezing up.....

I'm at work today at the fire station, I shoulda called in sick. Started breakfast at 0730, ate it at 1045. No lunch, dinner finally got "started" ,chicken and dumplings, at 1735, then sat down to eat it at about 2050. Been a LOOONNNG day chasing our tails. The rolling blackouts around the Dallas area in many cases have turned into full blown outages, many people have been out since 0200 or 0400 this morning.
All that has caused the pipes to start freezing and bursting. If thats not the deal, then its electrical shorts when the power comes back on frying peoples appliances or as was the case during "dinner", the junction boxes for the underground lines.

Still have two fire stations with no power, one the generator blew an oil line and its dead in the water, the other the generator wasn't ever hooked into the heater so it was 43 in the station at 1300 when we ran a call with them. Have heard multiple apparatus on the radio going out of service for equipment failure because their pumps are getting frozen.

The high today was 12. The windchill was -15 to -20 all day. Once I got out of the country and into the metro area, the state hadn't plowed a single lane of the interstates this morning on my way to work. And the city I work in had plows out after mid morning, but apparently NO ONE TOLD THEM YOU HAVE TO LOWER THEM TO PUSH SNOW OFF THE ROAD!
Its been a chitshow!

Holy cow! It is amazing the difference in two places. I could drive to Dallas in a couple days, and it seems like Dallas is on another continent!. I wonder what Dallas' budget for snow removal is? Hope all ends well and it warms up quick for you guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)