AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need a meme
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 2/15/2021 19:08 (#8835151 - in reply to #8834783)
Subject: RE: Need a meme

East of Broken Bow
No meme, but I do have a story.

Back 10+ years ago, I had a small hog operation, and as part of it, I sold hogs to butcher to friends, neighbors, etc, as I was one of the last to still raise hogs around here. People would often get together, and split a hog, it was frequently done, and the locker would clearly label who's packages were who's.
Well, one time, some friends from the city bought half a hog, and an older guy at the edge of town, bought the other half, for his family. The older guy, took all the meat home, and put it in a freezer, on his screen porch. Well, we had a major cold snap, it started out as freezing rain, but ended up being below zero, but with ice on the roads. The guy, lost power, and insisted these guys drive 4 hours, each way, on practically glaze ice roads (normally an easy 2 hour drive), because the power went out, and he insisted they come get the meat out of the freezer, on his screen porch, in sub-zero weather, because he was afraid it would thaw out, and go bad!.
The one guy, was telling me, he wanted to head out, as soon as the roads were clear, but the old guy was so insistent, they made the trip.

OK, I DID find a meme, but probably not quite what you were looking for:

(texas (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments texas (full).jpg (58KB - 113 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)