AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicide comparisons
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

EB9 Farms
Posted 2/13/2021 22:13 (#8830488 - in reply to #8830174)
Subject: RE: Fungicide comparisons

Iowa
It's tough to argue the products with the timing being different. Staygreen was superior with the miravis, granted it was sprayed three days ahead of the trivapro and quilt excel, which is hard to believe is significant. Miravis corn was green till the end of the first week of November when other treatments were loosing color fast the second week of October. Have used generic excel for quite a while, wanting to still have as a tool but think we need another active ingredient before we have problems, I get they're not 100% different but have yet to see chemistry any better on the fungicide side. Yield wise we will be 100% Miravis at tassel in 2021 from what was seen in 2020. I think the Miravis was $4 and change higher then trivapro, generic quilt was $8 cheaper then Miravis and lucento was in between Miravis and trivapro cost wise. Cost wise it was 2.3 bushel at $3.63 per bushel spread between products at the time of application high to low. If all my corn could be sprayed at 85% tassel emergence I wouldn't blink an eye about cost difference between generic and name brand products. Easy 20 bushel difference And the sad part all but one field sprayed with Miravis had over 50% hail defoliation vs the others were 17% and under defoliation and I hate to give the business to a foreign company but the product worked good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)