AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School me about Soft rock phosphate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jeff@JR Production
Posted 2/13/2021 00:03 (#8828313 - in reply to #8827677)
Subject: RE: School me about Soft rock phosphate

Minnesota/Kentucky fertility based on ENERGY
What do you want to understand? to quote my mentor Soft Rock from Florida has all the nutrients need to grow a crop except nitrogen. There are just about all the trace elements you need and the Phosphate is only 0-3-0 but if you understand the bioavailability of this material the numbers are closer to 0-19-0. I not sure If I can find the old document I have from the sixty but there was a company just north of Winona, MN I believe it was sure-grow fertilizer the old-timer's name was dell Bunkie? I'm sure I slaughtered his last name but he has the right for soft rock for years. I have a former business associate that works out of northern Indiana and he has another Florida-based material that's cheaper and better quality? I will be traveling to Tennessee after tomorrow for a conference and wedding back home send me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll try to get you in touch with him.
We have used it for 40 plus years and goes ok into a mix but not great material as it breakdown very quickly as it is a soft material.
When we strip-tilled we would run 200 lbs. per acre into our blends with SOP, MAP, and AMS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)