AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean Population Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JD105404T
Posted 2/10/2021 19:05 (#8822681)
Subject: Soybean Population Question

Hey Guys,

I live in Northwest Oklahoma where our biggest crop is Hard Red Winter Wheat. I know the other night I was asking about Soybean Row Spacing. I know some of you also talked about seeding population. The question I have is for you guys that grow full season Soybeans in a Dryer, Hotter Climate like mine. I know some of you already mentioned what populations you are planting at and I was wondering what populations and what row spacing some of you other guys are using in a Dryer Hotter climate that are a Full Season Soybean? In the past I have always planted around 120,000 in a 30 inch row spacing using my John Deere 7000 6 row planter with the Kinzie brush Meters. One year we used our John Deere 1910 aircart and 730 airseeder. I set the air cart for 50lbs and we planted the soybeans on 15 inch rows. I have 160 acres that I am trying to decide what crop to plant it to. I'm trying to decide between Soybeans, Milo, or Sesame and how much it will cost to plant one of these crops. This 160 acre field is a Sandier type soil.

Thank you,
JD105404T

Edited by JD105404T 2/10/2021 19:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)