AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weed wiper sprayer attachment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 2/9/2021 20:07 (#8820169 - in reply to #8818274)
Subject: RE: Weed wiper sprayer attachment

Thumb of Michigan
We used to use a sponge on quite a few acres, and on a few crops. One thing we learned- the hard way, by the way- is that sometimes, too much round up in the mix is counterproductive. We typically used 1/3 RU, 2/3 water. Hired man decided he really hated marestail- and who doesn't? He went a liberal 50/50 one day, ran all day that way. A few days later, while scouting, I noticed that the marestail was smoked at crop height and above. Green as grass below the canopy. After figuring out what had happened, we determined that the RU was too hot and burned the plant too hard where it hit it. Didn't translocate. Had an awful battle with that field all year.

I have zero experience trying to terminate very much rye with a sponge, and I don't know if you can get into the same issues we had with rye or not. I'd think keeping the sponge wet in a heavy stand of rye would be very hard. We used to use a lot of cereal rye ahead of non gmo soys, but we never took a chance on doing anything other than burning it off premerge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)