AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance system for Demco pull type sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

HFR
Posted 4/26/2009 13:41 (#693438 - in reply to #693371)
Subject: RE: Guidance system for Demco pull type sprayer

Central Minnesota
    I don't know what controller you have for your sprayer , but if you have a Raven I would suggest a Centerline 230 for both guidance and boom control. It works great for me and is easy to use. Also like you I use it mostly to find the right planter row. I don't like to look at lights and it has a screen that tells you which way and how many feet you need to go.  It does a wonderful job of controlling the boom sections. I don't think you could find a section controller-light bar combination for less money.  Also I updated mine to the latest software (ver 1.08) so it works better then last year.   No spraying outside of boundries and when your inside boom backs up during turns it actually  shuts it off instead of starting the outside section up like last year.  Not many frills on this controller but I sure like it.

Some say that the antenna isn't accurate, but last nite I sprayed a field that was planted using RTK and the field was a mile from side to side and on my last pass with the lite bar it showed I was pretty much right on so in this area it seems to work good. Seems like so far in this area I have had pretty good WASS reception. I hope it continues after saying how good it has been working.  Good Luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)