AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else take the Bayer Dicamba training 2/3/21 webinar?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/4/2021 08:03 (#8805718)
Subject: Anyone else take the Bayer Dicamba training 2/3/21 webinar?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I decided to take my mandatory Dicamba training via an online Webinar 2/3/21. I believe they are going to offer this each Wednesday morning at 9 AM for several weeks.

I preregistered which I believe may be mandatory. I received reminder emails concerning the event. I attempted to get on about 8:30 which apparently is too early. I was finally able to get on at about 8:45. There were about 300 of us involved with that session.

The plan was that Federal information was given to all followed by extra information for those states that have extra restrictions. The Federal portion took about 70-80 minutes. Questions could be asked or typed in for those of us without a microphone through a chat feature. The presenter repeated and answered these questions.

Those who lived in states without extra restrictions could then sign off. Those of us in the states that require more restrictions needed to continue. Since I live in Minnesota I had to go through the Minnesota portion which was last since it included a video. This meant that I heard the restrictions for all the other states including South Dakota which has a quiz as part of their presentation. This was not really a problem as I just cleaned up my desk while waiting for the Minnesota portion.

The Minnesota portion started out fine with some of our extra restrictions and then they attempted to play the Minnesota video. They were not able to get the video going properly and after several attempts finally gave up and suggested that we watch it outside of the webinar by viewing it on YouTube directly. They assured us that we in Minnesota will still get our paperwork. That remains to be seen.

There are various ways to get this training but the webinar worked quite well except for the SNAF with the Minnesota video. Hopefully they will get that figured out for the next webinars for those who live in Minnesota and need to hang on until the end.

There were some changes and clarifications in the often confusing buffer requirements. The buffer zones can be reduced in certain situations if a hooded sprayer is used.

Now if we can just keep those California Judges out of this.

Edited by tedbear 2/4/2021 08:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)