AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cable vs Dish
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 4/27/2009 00:00 (#694252 - in reply to #693004)
Subject: RE: Cable vs Dish

Carl In Georgia - 4/26/2009 04:58

I am thinking about ditching my cable TV service for Dish Network, as my telephone company is offering some pretty attractive "bundle" packages.

I will be getting some new channels I like, but will be giving up a few I enjoy (mainly Atlanta Braves baseball, American Movie Cl***ics), all to save about $15 per month.

Have any of you done this?

I have had DirectTV in the past, then switched to Dish when DirecTV was bought out by another company, and they canceled everyone's account unless they had phoned in to say they wanted to continue their account. I found out when the account was canceled, and spent the next 2 weeks trying to call them (busy signals) to re-establish the account.

I switched to Dish, then upgraded to their DVR, and have never regretted it. Depending on the package you get, you might get American Movie Classics. I do. The DVR is great as well. I have an older DVR, so it only records up to 100 hours and is not HD. The recording capability is great, and being able to record something is as easy as selecting anything on the guide. It steps you through it, and after a couple of selections, its done. I have the dual output, so my wife can watch one channel, while I watch a different channel, using one Sat dish. You can also watch one channel while recording on another, or you can record on both channels while watching something previously recorded.

I pay an extra $5 a month to get local channels since my wife likes watching some of those shows.

The pay-per-view movies are also nice if you want to watch one. Quite a bit cheaper than going to the theater.

Edited to add: I have had either DirecTV or Dish since about 1996. Hated cable.

Edited by Hayburner 4/27/2009 00:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)