AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Checking/Unchecking Autoswath on the go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/25/2009 17:07 (#692557)
Subject: Checking/Unchecking Autoswath on the go

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I could swear that dpilot83 had a post this morning concerning this question. I thought I and others had replied to it but I can't find it at the moment.

Anyway, the confusion was that if you using an Insight and the Clutch Control Modual and are planting along with Autoswath unchecked and decide to Check it, the Clutch Section indicators go from Blue (engaged) to Gary (disengaged) and quickly back to engaged.

The question is if this is a slight glitch in the screen display or are the clutches actually getting disengaged and quickly reengaged.? I felt that it was a screen error but have no proof since this is my first year with the clutch system.

When checking/unchecking autoswath with a sprayer this question does not come about since the indicators stay Blue and you don't see the temporary switch to gray.

There are some differences between the planting and spraying situation. With planting the logic is really reversed since electricity is applied to disengage where on a sprayer electricity is applied to activate a boom.

One poster who had experience indicated that he felt that the clutches do in fact disengage. My salesmen feels the same.

Another poster indicated that watching the pressure gauge would give some clues. I agree and will try to watch mine the next time I do this.

I guess the safe thing is to stop when checking/unchecking the autoswath feature.

Edited by tedbear 4/26/2009 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)