AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you get radar from an EZ500 to a JD corn planting monitor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/26/2009 08:38 (#693090 - in reply to #692551)
Subject: RE: How do you get radar from an EZ500 to a JD corn planting monitor?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
autopilot4u - 4/25/2009 15:52

I Believe I have both the cables that are needed from Trimble. The trimble harness that I do have has two wires (red and black) that are for radar. The JD cable has three (red, black and green) that are used for radar. Anybody got any ideas as to how I can make this work ?

Many planter monitors use a four pole AMP connector for the radar connection. A four pole AMP connector is the closest thing to a "Standard". Fortunately all OEM's that use the four pole AMP connector use the same wiring pattern.

Pin #1 is Ground. Pin #2 is the radar signal going to the Device (Planter monitor). Pin #3 is 12 v out to supply power to the radar gun. Pin #4 (when present) is looped power back to inform certain planter monitors that radar is present.

Since the EZ-500 is already powered, it doesn't need Pin #3. The Red Trimble wire should end up in Pin #2 of the AMP connector. The Black Trimble wire should end up in Pin #1 (may not even be needed) of the AMP connector.

Since your JD cable has the colors red, black and green, I woud recommend connecting the Trimble Red (signal) to the JD green. The Trimble Black should go to the JD Black. The JD red is not needed since it is the power source that could power a true radar gun.

If your planter monitor cable has a Pin #4 then it is looking for the loop back mentioned above. If so you will need to make a short loop back wire that goes from Pin #3 to Pin #4 to fool the planter monitor into thinking that it is connected to a radar gun. This is not real common but possible.

Edited by tedbear 4/26/2009 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)