AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader insight in a Tyler Patriot WT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/30/2021 09:59 (#8793596 - in reply to #8793337)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight in a Tyler Patriot WT

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
With the Insight I would suggest using the Ag Leader Auxiliary Input Module and an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module. An alternative to the Auxiliary Input Module would be the SC110 smart switch box. This is a switch box that includes the circuitry of the Auxiliary Input module. The Auxiliary Input module does not include a switch box so it can use a standalone switch box or is often tied into the OEM boom switches. You would need one or the other and the Liquid Product Module.

The Ag Leader systems need a flow meter. I believe your DJ system was based on pressure and did not use a flow meter. Ag Leader does not make or offer flow meters. Raven flow meters are the most common choice. You need one sized to your situation. I'm not sure what type of control you currently have but the Ag Leader can work with the Raven butterfly control valves, servo hydraulic valves or PWM hydraulic valves. You may be able to reuse your current control valve or switch to a Raven. Your boom valves should be usable with the proper wiring.

I happen to have an extra Auxiliary Input Module and Liquid Product Control Module literally at my feet in my office. I bought a used SP sprayer that already had these in it so I had an extra set for sale. I'm holding them for another AgTalker. He is getting his used sprayer on Monday. They may be available if his sprayer turns out to be different than we are thinking.

Those same modules and switch box could be moved and used with the NH3 setup since it really amounts to the same thing as a sprayer with a flow meter, control valve and ON/OFF valve(s.) A heat exchanger (cooler) would always be used here to help insure the NH3 remains a liquid as it passes through the flow meter. Again Raven is a logical choice for that.

Your InCommand 1200 could be moved from the planter to either the sprayer or NH3 and use the same components. The components on my planter were used with an Insight, an Integra and now the InCommand 1200. The 1200 would need a short adapter cable to connect to wiring designed for the older displays.

Edited by tedbear 1/30/2021 10:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)