AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CaseIh FM750 question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/29/2021 09:16 (#8791262 - in reply to #8791069)
Subject: More Information

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The engage switch will plug into the Nav harness rather than the back of the 750 itself. The Nav harness seems to come in two flavors. the one that is often used for an after the fact install has lots of branches and is sometimes referred to as the "Octopus" cable. One of the branches has a place for the engage switch.

The switch must be a momentary type and only needs two terminals. Some prefer a foot type switch but personally I prefer the hand type since my hand seems to be more able to find it rather than my foot. I thought that one of the smarter things ever done with cars was to take the dimmer switch off the floor and put it where you can use your hand.

I really prefer the Ag Leader displays to the Trimble but the Trimble system does work for steering. Saving and retrieving AB lines can be done but seems "clunky" to me. I would not consider the Trimble 750 for any type of application control although it can be done.

The 750 can be set to produce a coverage map based on when steering is engaged. It is also possible to use an implement switch if more accurate coverage is desired. An implement switch is wired to one of the ports on the back and then a menu item is changed so that coverage is based on the switch. Simulated radar speed out is possible as well as a connection for a video camera among other things. I had a 750 some years earlier where I made a harness that had a speed out for a Raven controller, an implement switch relay for a coverage map and a video input.

Edited by tedbear 1/29/2021 09:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)