AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Healthy Breakfast Ideas ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/27/2021 08:22 (#8785604 - in reply to #8785160)
Subject: RE: Healthy Breakfast Ideas ??

Pittsburg, Kansas

No breakfast here.  Just coffee with a little coconut oil. Used to eat breakfast daily.

If I eat a supper the night before with healthy fat and protein (meat) wife and I do not get hungry till around noon the next day. Can easily go all the way to supper if needed with only a few hunger pangs around noon because that is our normal eating time. But they will go away after a half hour or hour. The only thing I have found that skipping both breakfast and lunch is I have to eat an awful amount at supper to keep up with my caloric needs. Plus I like eating and lunch as it is a nice break from the daily routine.

Once a person is no longer addicted to the carb needs and glucose spike every few hours and is fat adapted, constant eating (and associated high insulin levels) are no longer needed. Breakfast is the easiest meal to just skip for me.

Amazing how much extra time a person has to do other things when one meal is cut out. Both the preparation, eating and clean up time.

If for some reason I do eat breakfast (or more likely we will sometimes eat "breakfast" at lunch time, 4-5 eggs, four strips of bacon and two sausage patties. Sometimes the eggs will have a little onion mixed in and scrambled and maybe a little salsa over the top.

Edited by John Burns 1/27/2021 08:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)