AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bolt bins ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Lone Cedar
Posted 1/20/2021 15:33 (#8767081 - in reply to #8765423)
Subject: RE: Bolt bins ?

SW Iowa
Depending on how much you really need the durability of metal latch boxes (or how much you're willing to pay for it), I find the deep style Plano ProLatch tackle box trays work very well for organizing small-medium hardware. Compartment size is adjustable and they're currently in stock for $6.48 at my local Menards https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/tool-storage/storage-rac...

One tray per thread size and use the compartments to separate lengths/nuts/washers/locks... far less wasted space than a bin and a bunch more portable because you can easily grab a tray and take all the lengths to a project. Paying several times more $ for metal latch boxes with fixed compartments (that will always be too big or too small) doesn't seem worth it for the way I use them.

We also have a fixed bin like shown in the first picture, except a smaller version. LOTS of wasted space (look at the upper bins in the picture) and you can't really see to the back of the compartments, plus in the case of ours it sits on top of a workbench and makes that space unavailable for more useful functions. Personally, if I wanted something in a bin style (which I think does make sense for larger bolt sizes) I'd at least look for one that's a shelf or rack system with removable bins--and preferably one that supported different bin sizes on the same shelf/rack.

I understand that other people's needs or priorities might be different than mine... just make sure you consider the downsides.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)