AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water supply system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/27/2020 14:18 (#8701126 - in reply to #8701057)
Subject: RE: Water supply system

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
That depth would cheapen up a new well considerably. Here we must go much deeper. Yes, my water thing is a Pinterest candidate.

As far as sensing the water level, I believe the float assembly has a Common, a Normally Open and a Normally Closed wire. That means the common is always connected to one or the other but never both. I'd say use the Common and the Normally Closed wires only, then when the float is down, the circuit is complete and this opens a valve or runs the pump. The pump continues to run until the float rises to a sufficient level then the switch changes and the circuit is broken. The circuit remains open or broken until the float reaches a certain low level then it starts again.

This is the way my sump pump works which looks similar.

I suppose one problem could be that the pump might not start as soon as you like once you start removing water. In other words the dead band might be too wide. It seems like there should be a way to use another float switch at a different height so that one switch stops the water but the other starts it again.

Edited by tedbear 12/27/2020 14:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)