AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

did everyone see the guy from alliance tires response let's get this man some pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jimgen
Posted 11/30/2020 16:41 (#8635504 - in reply to #8635448)
Subject: RE: did everyone see the guy from alliance tires response let's get this man some pictures

central mich

My 8 Alliance 20.8 x 38 radials were on a Steiger 4WD about 10 years ago. I don't recall right now but virtually all of them cracked on the side walls. Prob had 80 % or more tread on them. They were run at the stated psi. We tried radial tubes and that did not work either. So we sold the tires and rims to a guy and he certainly would have not used them much if at all.
So at that point I said I would never buy another Alliance tire. It only takes once for me and I am done.

The best truck drive tires we have ever bought is Firestone FD663. We have a set on a Michigan Special and those tires are prob 15 years old and side walls have virtually no cracks or checking. We just put on a set of Sumitomos ST909 drives on another Michigan Special because we wanted open shoulder and they have deep tread. Friend runs them on a heavy haul low boy tractor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)