AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine for Speciality Corn/Soy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 11/30/2020 15:09 (#8635364 - in reply to #8635349)
Subject: RE: Combine for Speciality Corn/Soy

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
malice - 11/30/2020 13:00

We’ve had good luck with our Claas Lexions, more threshing area than most competitors and the cylinder/twin rotor hybrid allows everything to be ran a bit slower, translates to less damage *in my experience* everyone’s operation is different. These machines are excellent in corn and will run with most others in soybeans.

I don’t know if it makes a difference but the new Claas combines come with rubber feederhouse belts instead of chains, one would think less metal parts would help reduce damage.

It probably comes down to operator more than anything, some things like 360 yield brush gathering chains could help,

I know Deere rotaries are known to grind in the feed accelerator area, and in my experience lack rotor capacity translating to more rotor speed.

I’ve never ran a red one but they seem to have a decently smooth transition to the rotor so maybe that would help reduce damage

In my experience I am able to run corn/soy/wheat with exceptionally little damages with my Claas.

I’ve been running our popcorn for 6 years with Lexions, used a JD 9760 or 1680 before. The quality of the popcorn is as good or better out of the Lexion vs the others, and it does a good job even if you can’t run fast enough to to keep the machine full.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)