AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Check book/accounting program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 11/23/2020 11:14 (#8618402 - in reply to #8618164)
Subject: RE: Check book/accounting program

Iowa
I can send you a stripped down version of a spreadsheet that will record cash income and expense and track checking account balance if you wish. It will also do cash flow budgeting and tracking. It has an income statement section that you can use to split out crop and livestock enterprises. There are also accrual based balance sheets, income statement, and a statement of owner's equity, but that part would very likely not be user friendly for you to use. It's an Excel spreadsheet. I would not recommend it if you are not comfortable using Excel. It is also 15 years old, so newer versions of Excel will have to run it in compatibility mode because the color highlights in some of the cells is slightly different in newer Excel updates. You can print out any of the reports you want on standard paper, but you have to highlight and set the print area for what you want printed.

As Jonas said, having the ability to print checks is good. That gets it done in one step and eliminates transposing errors. My later versions of the spreadsheet will print checks and do bank reconciliation (and lots of other stuff), but they would not be as user friendly for anyone else without an instruction manual.

Edited by tigger 11/23/2020 11:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)