AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mounting nanobeam
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 11/26/2020 21:26 (#8627492 - in reply to #8627449)
Subject: RE: Mounting nanobeam

Central Nebraska

Nebraska Sandhiller - 11/26/2020 21:03 How accurate is that program. I set a red light on top of a 55 gallon barrel, where I planned putting tower for receiving ends drove to the other end. Could see the red light sitting in my pickup. The program shows a better signal if I move the receiving point 150 ft to one side. But no better moving further to the other side. I can't see the difference in the land, other than one tree that wouldn't be in the way, moving the other way. That tree could disappear if that's the problem. Is there a problem running the cable 150 ft? Run it down a guy wire or straight to ground & then underground?

My experience is that the program is fairly accurate but there is probably some CYA built in.  Just because you can see the light doesn't mean it would transmit a reliabile signal.  An earlier poster mentioned the Fresnal zone and this is where that comes into play.  The radio waves have a vertical aspect to them and for a good signal you have to have enough height for that signal.  

I have some radios mounted about 6 ft off the ground and when the corn is 4-5 ft tall my signal is pathetic.  They are pointing to a tower that is about 70ft tall and 2.5 miles away.  Even when the crop is gone total throughput is poor.  Just enough to handle one camera.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)