AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kidney stones and uric acid (and gout)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/19/2020 08:12 (#8613611 - in reply to #8613531)
Subject: RE: Kidney stones and uric acid (and gout)

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have heard kind of the same message from one other doctor that I follow and think highly of. That is Dr Paul Mason from Australia. He also claims a person does not need to drink excessive water. He claims urine is supposed to be concentrated and the amount of water to drink is drink when you are thirsty. Even though it is popular to think drinking lots of water has health benefits like reduction in kidney stones, he says there is no actual science to back that up. For what it is worth. I will not argue one way or the other.

I'm not a doctor and will not say one way or the other. I tend to drink lots of water because I am thirsty a lot. So either train of thought on how much water to drink works for me because I drink a lot because I am thirsty a lot.

I think it is important to hear different views, particularly when it is backed up by well run experiments, just to consider some of the stuff we may have learned or just been exposed to for years as dogma might have been wrong. I have ran across a lot of that in the last couple years.

John

Dr Paul Mason

Edited by John Burns 11/19/2020 08:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)