AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mobile Site
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Owen Taylor
Posted 4/15/2009 18:05 (#681503)
Subject: Mobile Site

Mississippi

Several people in this section have mentioned our mobile web site over the last year or so. We provide commodity quotes, weather, Doane cotton commentary and the Arkansas Farm Bureau rice commentary.

I wanted to give notice that the URL for the site has changed.

It's now: agfax.mobi. In case you've missed it, "mobi" is the optional upper-level domain name now for mobile sites. Don't try to put "com" after it.

If you've bookmarked pages or sections on our mobile site you will have to delete the previous bookmark and set a new one. If you set commodity preferences, you'll have to reset those now, I'm afraid.

We had been licensing content and the site structure from a company that was bought out by DTN, and we would soon be losing the custom features that we tried to provide. Hence the new domain and somewhat different menu.

We apologize for the inconvenience. The new setup provides us a chance to publish more custom pages. We expect to be offering email/text message quotes later this spring.

Thanks,

Owen

PS: I hope this post doesn't seem overly commercial. We don't charge for the service and haven't been selling ad space on it. It's simply an extension of our newsletters.

Edited by Owen Taylor 4/15/2009 18:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)