AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For those of you getting all warm and fuzzy about China.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 10/31/2020 18:23 (#8578338 - in reply to #8574810)
Subject: RE: For those of you getting all warm and fuzzy about China.

WC Mn/Dakotas
Red Paint - 10/29/2020 20:42

Hilltop Husker - 10/29/2020 20:07

Most of the stuff I want to purchase is only made in China or India. If some small company in China wants my money more than a company in America so be it.

Alibaba is fun website.

It’s pretty sad that a certain generation in the US was/is perfectly fine selling out their fellow countrymen and children in the name of saving a few dollars.

But it doesn’t surprise me when I interact with those willing to do it.

I think this is a misunderstood topic for the most part. So much of the exodus was/is because of excess US costs for legal, epa, inflated labor union type political issues. If you were going to stay in business and compete, you HAD to move. I know my uncle had a small business and used free remnant material with low wage family labor to make twine and tow ropes. Definitely not a full blown commercial business with hired full-time employees and all. He could not compete with Mexico produced twine, tow straps where they bought Virginia materials but had less labor and other legal insurances.

To me this is what Trump fully understands, and is trying to change. He has built properties with US steel as well as China steel. You might want to use all US, but if you hope to have a chance to be successful and make a profit, you often have to go outside the US. Look at soybean production in the US vs south America. The same herbicide there is 1/5 the cost because there isn't all the legal, epa, etc hoops to jump through there as here in the US.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)