AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

easy accounting software?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 10/23/2020 10:13 (#8561295 - in reply to #8559290)
Subject: RE: easy accounting software?

Iowa
-Not really sure how complex or what your specific needs are. I keep the farm accounting records on an Excel spreadsheet workbook. It does the accounting plus financial, marketing, crop & livestock records, and other stuff.

Sometimes when accounting needs arise for another entity, I make a copy of the general ledger & whatever other parts of the spreadsheet are needed to do the job and use that. Sometimes I add other features (special reports for example) as the needs unique to that entity arise.

If you already have the spreadsheet software and capabilities, you can probably get the job done without messing with another piece of software, the subscriptions, the updates, and possible compatibility problems that come with it. I don't personally have a lot of patience for that sort of stuff, so I normally make my own spreadsheets.

It does take some time to set a spreadsheet like that up. It also takes time to purchase, install, and learn other software. It's a personal choice. Pick your poison as they say.

You can run a search on this site to find previous accounting threads with lots of other suggestions for accounting software. You might find some of them to be helpful.

Edit: My condolences for the death of your mother. You probably have your hands full with your father's health as well and dealing with all of the medical issues.

A link to a search of other threads about accounting:

https://talk.newagtalk.com/search/query.asp?fid=0&action=search&sear...

One other option would be to possibly hire someone to help manage this if you can find someone qualified and trustworthy to do so.

Edited by tigger 10/23/2020 11:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)