AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you USE GPS FOR?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 10/22/2020 10:30 (#8559319 - in reply to #8555836)
Subject: RE: What do you USE GPS FOR?

East Central, Nebraska
im not sure i understand your question but i use gps for everything. i dont enter a field without gps. i personally use it for every pass. i use it to steer when strip tilling, i control multiple fertilizer products while strip tilling. i then have it on the planter tractor steering and variable rating seeding prescriptions and fertilizer prescriptions. while planting the gps is utilized to make a large amount of different maps that can be reviewed on my ipad or personal computer later. i use it on my sprayer to steer and control and document chemical and fertilizer rates. GPS is on the combine where i use it for steering and documenting yield to create more and more maps that can be reviewed later on an ipad or personal computer. i then in the fall use gps on my ipad to soil sample exact regions to create soil sample maps in either zones or grids. those maps are used to create prescription maps in the winter on my personal computer to control rates in all the categories listed above. the same gps can be utilized on the same screens i use for all the ag applications to move dirt while making the perfect grade via gps, and also to lay tile and control the tile plow so the tile pipe drains perfectly and properly. our irrigation pivots are equipped with gps to control end guns, create start and stop points, and control swing arms. we also use gps to mark certain areas of the field throughout the growing season to monitor problems, those marks are typically made on a phone or tablet.

there is not much i don't use gps for when i am working each day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)