AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel Transfer Tanks for Pickups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Brad J
Posted 4/13/2009 00:05 (#678433 - in reply to #678158)
Subject: Re: Fuel Transfer Tanks for Pickups

Tangent, OR
So I dont have a good picture of what I do aside from this...

I use a flush face no-leak coupling to remove my hose from my diesel tank. I store the hose in my toolbox. Pump switch is padlocked, and pump itself is powered via a engine key-operated relay, wiring is concealed as much as possible and armored. Short story is that if someone wants that diesel they're going to take it, but I sure like the coupling so I can take the hose off. It will keep the lazy theives away. I've been using a rubber stopper like you'd put on the bottom of a cane and I need to find something better to plug the business end of the pump handle pipe. The system is straightforward, but if you have something you want to transport that fits in the toolbox, that you want to not smell like diesel yet stay dry, you need to improve on the system. Let me know if you do. I'll take more pics if you're interested.

http://www.tuthill.com/admin/Documents/downloadFile.cfm?filename=up...

This isnt the exact coupling that I have but it is close. Mine isnt stainless. Plan on $110 for it. My off-farm job has me parking in places that mandate alot of security. This is the cleanest way i've found / seen and many people have copied it.

Edited by Brad J 4/13/2009 00:16

(diesel.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments diesel.JPG (116KB - 235 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)