AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lint just about got me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/18/2020 20:10 (#8552409)
Subject: Lint just about got me

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have an iPhone 6 with a cheap cover. Got talked into an Otterbox by the purple haired lady at Verizon but I hated it as it was so bulky. I have been using cheap phone cases instead. These do not have a dust plug for the headphone jack or the lightning port.

I carry the phone in my pants pocket. It has happened a few times that the lightning cable will not charge the phone. Often this is due to lint buildup from my pocket. I break off the sharp point of a toothpick and use it with cloth and rubbing alcohol to clean the port. This has always brought it back to good working order.

The other day I was having trouble with calls and realized that my iPhone thought it was connected to headphones so no sound out of the built in speakers. I actually tried a set of headphones and they worked as expected. When I removed the headphones the phone still thought that they were attached and would not switch back to the internal speakers. I reasoned that maybe lint had gotten into the headphone port and was fooling the phone into thinking that the headphones were still attached. I gave the headphone jack a few blast of air with the air nozzle from the air compressor in my shop. Apparently I dislodged what ever was there and the phone now works as it should.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)