AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lowry dump pit auger motor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Beanstubble
Posted 10/18/2020 16:53 (#8552017 - in reply to #8551871)
Subject: RE: Lowry dump pit auger motor

Yes I have the restrictor covers. Reason for asking is lengthy but here goes.

I have had the pits for about 10 years with single phase motors on them. Last year I did a bin project which included a leg that my pits would dump into and replaced the pit motors with 10 hp 3 phase motors. Electrician put an amp meter at the pits for each motor. Max amps I was to run was 13. It was slow! This year I replaced those motors with 20 hp motors, overkill I know but was looking in the future of possibly going to 12 augers out of the pits.

My pits shut off automatically when my amps drop down. Worked fine with the 10 hp motors, but the 20 hp motors run 10 amps empty, 11 amps full. Not enough of a difference as either the pits will shut off half full or the augers continue to run when empty. Such a fine line on the adjustment screw.

I should have put an amp meter on my 10 hp motors when I had them on there to make certain it was actually 13 amps. Instead I just trusted the gauge.

Still have access to the 10 hp motors. Thinking of throwing one on there and checking amps....just no wet corn to run thru.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)