AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 10/18/2020 20:56 (#8552557 - in reply to #8548751)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight GPS

East Central, Nebraska
lots of options exist in this situation. you can get some very inexpensive 'puck' type gps devices for a couple hundred bucks. if you want quality maps i would look to a little better gps such as an agleader 6000, 1600 or 1500. the upside of such a gps is faster update rates that make a nicer cleaner map. of course stepping up to a better correction level above waas is an option but not typically financially feasable when only making yield maps.

i am guessing though that it could just be a setting in the ezguide, possibly a prn set incorrectly or maybe the antenna on the roof crapped out. typically these are not as in expensive to fix or spend too much time diagnosing since a 1500 agleader gps can be found for about $400.

it doesn't have to be an agleader device either, the insight can take nmea strings from a whole bunch of different devices. if you have a little time to experiment i would think a john deere itc would be the most financially feasible option right now as they are still pretty good gps devices on sf1 but are selling for about $75 a piece now as everyone that has the green running through their blood has jumped ship from itcs and went to 3000 or 6000s.

Edited by caseihfarmer 10/18/2020 20:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)