AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray-Air Fan Trouble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

steiger4020
Posted 4/12/2009 10:46 (#677661)
Subject: Spray-Air Fan Trouble

Southeast MT
I have been having trouble with the fan on my Wilmar Air-Trak 785. The Machine is equipped with a spray-air boom. The hydraulic flow for the fan is an independant system. (has its own pump and reservoir) There is an electrically controlled, two position valve to cut flow to the fan when it is switched off. A damper is used to adjust the volume of air supplied to the boom.

Problem: The air "pressure" drops off soon after you throttle up the engine. Typically, at full throttle it will run at about 15. when you first rev the engine it is there, but soon after it starts dropping off and within a couple of seconds it is down to 4 - 5. If I stop, throttle back and then throttle up again it goes back to 15; but then drops back off again.

I believe that the problem is the fan motor (Seal out somewhere internally allowing oil to bypass). Pump was overhaulled last summer. Wondering if anyone else has had problems like this and could give me a little advice on what to do. Fan motor is $4300. Would hate to spend a bunch of money and have it be something simple.

Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)