Posted 10/15/2020 16:34 (#8547423 - in reply to #8546858) Subject: RE: Stock market beginner advice needed
1) people love to talk about their winners but forget their losers. Most times when they tell you it’s too late.
2) if you want to invest in stocks choose 3-5 companies you know and can understand their basic business (wmt, pep, unp). Branch out from there when you are comfortable.
3) if you get a decent free platform read the research and news comments and ratings for buy, hold, sell and why.
4) don’t get too attached to one stock or sector, stay diversified
5) don’t buy penny stocks or a stock you can’t answer what their business is
6) don’t chase a stock Only because it’s done well
7) Expect red days
8) buy companies you want to invest in and not just trade
9) Realize since the March lows this may be the best/easiest mkt to invest in I have seen.
10) know your risk tolerance and time horizon for the funds
11) if you’re not interested in picking the stocks....buy a well rated fund or eft.