AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Data from sms back to integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/12/2020 06:32 (#8541787 - in reply to #8540272)
Subject: RE: Data from sms back to integra

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, there is a procedure to "get your varieties into the Integra for use in the combine". This procedure involves using SMS to create background reference maps. This map is stored on a memory stick which is inserted into the Integra. When you get to a field to harvest it, you go through a procedure to temporarily load this background reference map. The Integra can then consult that map and show the combine operator which varieties were planted where. The combine operator has the choice of whether to have the system just alert the operator when a new variety is being harvested or automatically switch to that variety.

Note that this process creates a back ground reference map which needs to be loaded prior to harvesting the field. It is temporary and does not become part of that Integra's memory as it would had that Integra been used when planting. This means that the reference map for each field must be loaded prior to harvesting the field. It also means that if you go to another field you will need to load the map for that field. If you return to the first field to finish it, you will need to load it again.

Since SMS can make variety maps from most planter recording devices this can be very handy.

Since I plant with my Ag Leader and then use it in the combine, I don't need to mess with the background reference map procedure since my variety information maps are already in the Ag Leader.

As an example, we plant with a 24-30 CCS planter. This year in one field we had one variety in the left tank for the left 12 rows. Another variety was in the right tank for the right 12 rows. The variety map appeared with a colored stripe for each variety. Since I harvest with a 30' head, which is 12 rows, I could take all of each variety without comingling, provided I got on the correct rows with combine. I brought up the variety map on my InCommand 1200 and was able to use the planting map to help me harvest a complete pass of each variety. Since I had my InCommand 1200 set to automatically switch varieties, it did so whenever the variety changed. This allowed me to harvest in strips if I desired to keep the unloading auger to the outside for the cart cart if I wished to do so.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)