AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is why I don’t like updating ios software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

back.forty
Posted 10/2/2020 08:15 (#8525885 - in reply to #8524653)
Subject: RE: This is why I don’t like updating ios software

SE Ia

Did you get your music reloaded yet? I sync all my i and apple devices using iTunes. Apple seems to think we should be backing everything up using iCloud Drive, I have resisted and keep photos, music and important files backed up locally on several devices using iTunes and a iBook pro that’s about a decade old, then backups of the backups on an attached network HD. Most of my important files are on at least 3 devices and old Hard drives sitting in secure locations.

Last time I updated my iPhone it turned out my service provider now uses a persons iCloud Drive backup to load ones files on their new phone. I now have the $.99 per month iCloud Drive service as he set it up to backup my info to the cloud and then download that info back on the new phone. Needless to say he didn’t download my music, video files etc as they wouldn’t fit the .99 cent iCloud Drive. I wasn’t a happy camper. Solution was just to connect the iPhone to the iTunes backup on the old MacBook and select the files, music, videos i wanted on the new iPhone. Which is the same way I put the files on new idevices when I get them home.

I’d just use my iPhone backup on iTunes or iCloud to reload any lost music, videos and files.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)