AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I would just like to quote one of the chart people here not to long ago (like yesterday)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Spikes
Posted 9/30/2020 16:56 (#8523215 - in reply to #8523159)
Subject: RE: I would just like to quote one of the chart people here not to long ago (like yesterday)

Hi Joelt,

If you are new to charts and pull up a daily chart to try and figure where the market is going...you will have a tough time of it. It's a process that should start at the long term charts. If you can see a trend on those, that is what you shoot for on the daily or weekly. I always start out looking at the Monthly chart. Find the trend on that and that will be more than half the battle of trading or just projecting where price may end up. It takes a lot of daily's to change the trend on a monthly chart.  

You will never get everyone on the same page...people are just wired differently...or they have different methods and objectives. One guy likes trading wedges, another likes trendlines. Me...I'm a line guy...I don't like counting waves...doesn't mean that a guy can't be successful counting waves or spinning a Gann wheel. It really isn't about being right...its more about knowing when you are wrong. I know I'm wrong if I am long and a line below my entry is broken. I trade to the lines and most times I get out once the line is hit, because I expect a pivot to form at each line I draw. 

It's tough to say what all needs to be said in a post like this. It takes chart time though to get your own feel on direction and projections along with what you like to use. 

Spike     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)