AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking first!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Olpivotdoc
Posted 9/17/2020 16:16 (#8500971)
Subject: Thinking first!

Did you ever do something without thinking it out first?
Back in the early 70’s on a hot Saturday after getting off work at noon on a farm job. I cleaned up and drove to see my girlfriend. It was 96 degrees out with high humidity, a really humucky type of day. A few miles before I got to her Dad’s farm I drove through a town that consisted of two bars and a post office. I stopped at one of the bars and grabbed a soda and chips along with a 12 pack of beer that turned out to be not very cold at all. When I arrived at my girlfriend’s place, no one was around so I thought I would just set that 12 pack in the back porch refrigerator used for the cream and eggs. I drove around to see if I could find her Dad and brother. I never found them so I dropped down to see my folks for a while. After a short visit with my folks I drove back to see if my girlfriend was home yet. Good! she was back. I walk up to the porch door and knocked. My girlfriend had a strange look on her face and then her mom came to the door yelling at me; there has never been beer this house and I had better get it out NOW.
Well I grabbed that 12 pack and drove to the hay field my girlfriend said me they were stacking hay. These fields were in the hills way too steep for anything but haying. I drove my car up near the stack they were just topping off. I parked back a ways turned the ac up and popped open a now cold one. The guys on the top of the stack saw the beer, threw their pitchforks down, slid down to the ground and ran up and piled into my car. My future FIL put down 3 beers so fast and said he hasn’t had a beer in forever but can’t remember beers that tasted so refreshing. When I told him what happened he said YOU NEVER! The guys laughed so hard. I told him that I’d never do that again. I won my FIL over that day, My MIL not so much!
It was a good lesson on making even little decisions without thinking it over first,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)