AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Growing corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 9/16/2020 19:40 (#8499449 - in reply to #8499417)
Subject: RE: Growing corn

I could easily get rid of my lease pecan land and just farm my highly productive easier to farm orchards that are irrigated. And still farm 750 acres of corn. Infact it seems the growing seasons would work with each other. Could also do Milo never seen too many good soybeans here. See more poor beans than good. Also know the guy who is renting one of my dad's places for rowcrops does a piss poor job. For example this year he planted late, had 2 foot tall weed when he could have easily sprayed. But he has too much country to cover. I sure like the fact of rowcrops and hay how everything can be done from the seat of a tractor with a cab on it. Alot of jobs in the orchard a cab gets in the way, also alot of manual labor.

Edit to add
The guy who rents my dad's place still averages pretty good on whatever he grows. From what I understand from my dad he makes out pretty good with the FSA office.
On pecans for example we get the shaft on everything at the FSA office. Mfp 1.0, got nothing. Mfp 2.0 got a lil. Cares act 0.00. Infact I had pecans in cold storage (same as corn in a silo unsold) and that didn't qualify. Eveb my FSA agent thought that was crazy. In my county I can't even insure a damn pecan.

Edited by StxPecans 9/16/2020 19:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)