AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CF made it about 12 hours
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 9/16/2020 09:35 (#8498619 - in reply to #8498540)
Subject: RE: CF made it about 12 hours

mn
Ok guys, I have to be honest here. I myself thought CF was just a troll trying to stir the pot. Low and behold, I got a visitor the other day. (which is not uncommon here). Guess who it was? CF. He is actually a legitimate farmer. Lives no more than 20 miles from me. And after a conversation with him, he actually took the time to explain in simple understandable terms a lot of the marketing questions I have had for years but could never get a good answer to. Im not talking about weather the market is going up or down. Im talking about explaining what it means by "funds being net long", What actually happens when someone takes a position on the board. Exactly how options work. Exactly how going long or short the board works. Exactly what margin calls are and how they work. Exactly what expiring worthless means. Why price was much higher the last time funds were this long vs now. Sure, I could google all the things or ask a broker, but he took the time to give me real world examples to help me understand things.

I know a lot of guys get burned by the way he puts his thoughts out there. I was one of them. But after meeting and talking to him, he was willing to explain to me things no one else would or could in the past. Regardless of weather he has been right or wrong on the actual market direction, he has a lot of knowledge on the actual workings of the market. We have to remember that on an internet forum there is now way to read body language, facial expressions, or voice tones. That sometimes makes things come across much differently than they are intended.

And low and behold, it turns out my sister is engaged to his first cousin.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)