AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is a homemade pie worth?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pupdaddy12003
Posted 9/14/2020 13:57 (#8495294 - in reply to #8494690)
Subject: RE: what is a homemade pie worth?

NW Central Ohio
My mother had promised the church she would bake an apple pie for a fund raising auction. The day before the auction (when she would have made the pie) she was hospitalized for arrhythmia and couldn't make it. All the fixings were on the counter...so I just gathered them up..made a crust and produced one of the most gorgeous crumb topped 10" apple pies you ever saw. So I took it to the ladies who were putting on the auction...and they were oooohing and ahhhhing over it...but I never let on I baked it! When they sold the damn thing...it sold for $65.00....but nobody seemed to remember who bought it! I laughed the whole way to the hospital when I went to tell my mother the story! Saturday I produced a nice peach pie....and am including a picture just so you can see the kind of work I do!...LOL! I'd say a good Apple/Peach/Grape/Blueberry/Cherry pie here is worth all of $15......But as far as cookies go?...I see one young entrepreneur who sells her decorated frosted cookies for $12/dozen! Home made isn't cheap these days!!!

Edited by pupdaddy12003 9/14/2020 14:00

(Peachpie 003 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Peachpie 003 (full).jpg (113KB - 104 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)