AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody have luck with these fleetstore 25 ton log splitters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 9/13/2020 14:36 (#8493223 - in reply to #8493194)
Subject: RE: Anybody have luck with these fleetstore 25 ton log splitters

Nw Iowa
Yes it would probably be cheaper but for me trying to rent never works out. Something happens somewhere and off I go and than rush to return rental before days end or first thing in the morning and just always a rush. For me more of a winter thing to get outside, get some fresh air. Don’t even use firewood for now but would like to build a small cabin for grandkids and I and hate to see all this good ash disappear. I do have a old barn that it can be stacked so it will stay dry. What I do like about these newer ones is that you can tip them down so could split a larger Log without having to lift it up. After first post I remembered a friend of mine had bought a similar unit , so called him and he said that he had split some 48” dia logs with it as long as he could get a bite , he could go around log and split it. This was with splitter in vertical position. I have another friend that has a skid steer one but that is more for bigger logs as he has a outdoor furnace so he can put some pretty big stuff in. That would be way to go if you handled a lot of big stuff and went thru a lot of wood.
For me it is more of one tree at a time thing.

Edited by jdironman 9/13/2020 14:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)