AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone use Farmworks? Got End of Life notice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ZeebaNeighba
Posted 9/11/2020 21:46 (#8490211)
Subject: Anyone use Farmworks? Got End of Life notice.

Michigan
Got the email from Trimble today.

Dad started using Farmworks Software way back when they were first getting started. Late 1990s maybe? Was/is a pretty good system I thought. Took care of accounting with inventory tracking and allocation and enterprise, got into field mapping too. It was our gateway into precision farming. Had windows mobile devices hooked to GPS receivers and mapped the operations and even provided guidance. We moved on to more advanced guidance/steering, mapping, and rate controlling with Agleader, but all that data still downloaded into Farmworks on the desktop. I wanted to like SMS, but it didn't do anything with supply inventory or harvested grain inventory, or accounting for when those inventories were bought and sold. Farmworks keeps track of everything.
When Trimble bought Farmworks, they kept it going for a while, but with little improvement, just status quo. It's not even called Farmworks anymore!
I can probably keep running the orphaned program, but at some point Agleader is going to update their screens and the data will no longer download, and I won't be able to use it to file my 1099s either.

I got another email the other day, apparently some of the original makers of Farmworks are starting something new. We'll see.

Sorry for the story. Feels like the end of an era.

Are there any other all-in-one integrated programs out there for Accounting and Mapping? That isn't online where someone else has all my data?

Edited by ZeebaNeighba 9/12/2020 21:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)