AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2166 combine with yield monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/12/2020 07:04 (#8490506 - in reply to #8488510)
Subject: RE: 2166 combine with yield monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As the above post indicates, it is possible that you are losing GPS which would explain the partial maps. To make a map, the system needs to know "where it is" which depends on GPS. It can still compute the yield without GPS since yield is dependent on the grain flow, ground speed, moisture etc. which may still be fine. With the early Ag Leader Yield Monitors GPS was optional. Without GPS, no maps were possible. Investigating the GPS source/wiring etc. may be a solution. I would suspect your monitor itself is fine.

All Ag Leader monitors newer than your Advantage use a different arrangement. With your monitor and those prior to it, sensors were attached at various locations in the combine such as clean grain elevator, moisture sensor, speed sensor, clean grain elevator speed sensor, header height etc. The wiring from each of these sensors connected to the display in the cab. All mathematical computations were done inside that device.

The newer displays starting with the Insight use a concept called CAN. CAN stands for a Computer Area Network. This means modules are used throughout the combine and communicate information between each other. The modules themselves do some of the math. For Yield Monitoring there is a mass flow module, a moisture module and a ground speed/elevator speed/header height module. The various sensors are attached to their respective modules. The modules are interconnected.

To change from your system to the newer CAN system would require the newer display and the various modules and wiring.

Edited by tedbear 9/12/2020 07:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)