AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFAP 2.0
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JR B
Posted 9/9/2020 04:25 (#8484249 - in reply to #8484201)
Subject: ^^^ +1^^^^

Linneus Mo.
The sad reality is that this is part of our cash flow now. IF it goes away, well, so might we.

The worst part of it is as a dairyman after 3 really tough years I needed every penny I got and could use some more. Makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. I decided before the COVID thing happened that I wouldn't borrow any money this year for operating. May have been the wrong decision. I planted very cheap corn. Germination sucked, I had a 6-inch rain about 72 hours after planting on most of my ground. Had lots of cow manure and only added nitrogen fertilizer. Should have been enough but corn looked yellow all year. Plus my weed control just sucked.,the worst crop I ever raised. On the first day of chopping corn my smooth roll went out and a piece of the steel on it went into the knives. took a week to get another chopper here. Just got going and now we are getting rain!

Throw in the stupid PPD and it just seems the deck is really getting stacked against a guy.

Had an electrical fire in the milkhouse this year that was a real setback. I dunno, just real tough right now. At least my crappy corn is standing up!

Edited by JR B 9/9/2020 04:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)