AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

silo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 9/9/2020 07:44 (#8484490 - in reply to #8482437)
Subject: RE: silo

northeastern Ohio
I use several Harvestores every day. It really comes down to one thing: If you can do your own service work on them, they can be cheaper to use than bags or bunkers. If you need to call a dealer for service work/repairs, then bags and bunkers are cheaper.

Pros: There is definitely less waste with the Harvestore. You never need to buy plastic. No packing required. You can fill anytime. First in is first out. Push button and get feed. No snow or rain. Takes less space.

Cons: Slow, feed comes out at 200-400 pounds per minute. Requires maintenance, grease, tighten chains, ect. High upfront cost.

I grew up with Harvestores and taught myself how to maintain and fix them. I have special tools and my own digout machine to keep these things going. I have a whole shed of parts and unloaders to rob parts off of when I need them. So I am not the average guy when it comes to the blue tombstones.

You are pretty close to Penn/Jersey (Harvestore dealer). So you might have some local support from them.

Go back and read my first sentence and you will have the answer to your question.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)