AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about Ilevo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ClassicJD
Posted 9/7/2020 12:30 (#8481055 - in reply to #8480831)
Subject: RE: Tell me about Ilevo

SC MN
Seems like we've been on one source of cyst resistance in soybeans since time began. Indy is right, a variety sourced from the Peking origin might offer substantial advantages if you have built up cyst resistance to the PI origin. I've always found it difficult to find a Peking variety that can keep up genetically . . . always seems to be a little yield penalty to pay. Hard to find the right agronomic package I need as well.

I've used Ilevo for 2 years. I believe I get more value from cyst activity since SDS has not been a big problem. Expect to see some phytotoxicity on the seedlings. The first year, using Authority, I actually had stand reduction. This year, with Zidua as my pre, phyto was minimal. Both years, from emergence through V3, the plants/stems were quite brittle. Just a little hail this spring caused noticable breakage.

This year I stripped a box of Saltro with the Ilevo. Less phyto with Saltro, in fact, noticed none at all. Saltro treated beans grew faster, taller, bushier than the Ilevo early on, but the visual difference disappeared as the rows closed. The data that I have accessed shows Ilevo being much more active on cyst.

Will I keep on using it? Probably. A 2 bushel yield increase is hard to measure, but that's what it takes to cover the extra cost. I will be carefully taking in-row soil probes and sending it in for a cyst count. Should give me a clearer picture of whether or not I really do have a cyst issue to be concerned about.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)