AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lightning Strikes Cow Video
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 9/6/2020 17:19 (#8479590 - in reply to #8478399)
Subject: RE: Lightning Strikes Cow Video

WY, OK
We almost always just had singles, of course the one year Steers were pre sold for $1500/hd we lost 3 in one strike about 30 days before shipping. Actually the only multiple death I can think of now. Lost a bull too, only good thing about that was he was going to the killer anyway that year, bad thing it was also one of those years when a 2Klb slaughter bull was worth over $1/lb. Usually it was always one cow on top of a hill, calves happened less often and the bull was down in the creek bottom. I always did worry about our water system, that was on top of a large hill, had 4-- 20" steel tanks in 3 different sections with pipe railing all around them and could only graze them in the summer, you'd think if it hit that tank how many ever were drinking would have all died. The 3 steers actually got it about 1/4 mile away from the last tank half way up the hill in a little wash out. I'm surprised I don't see it more down here with more violent lightning and going from roughly 1 pair per 2 acre pastures to 1 pair to less than half an acre pasture density. Plus every pasture has tree's for them to all stand under.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)