AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a Deere 4720 sprayer run a Raven chem injector?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/9/2009 07:33 (#674350 - in reply to #674009)
Subject: Re: Can a Deere 4720 sprayer run a Raven chem injector?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Amc4life - 4/8/2009 20:38

Raven offers a cable to hook directly into the switch harness on this machine, so any type of controller can be run along with a sidekick console, as long as the factory boom switches are used. This is only one method though, as others have pointed out. It does make for a fairly clean installation though, and you can keep using your old spray controller to the best of my knowledge.

Yes, Raven offers a cable to intercept the boom signal on the original machine. Yes any type of controller can be used for the main product. The Raven injection system operates independently and only takes the boom sense information from the other system.

The Raven Sidekick console was originally designed to piggyback atop of a Raven 440, 450, 460 but will work fine with other brands as long as it receives the boom sense information.

With some machines, the original controller is replaced with new components for both the Main product (carrier) and the injected product.

With other machines, the original controller must be used (Deere 47XX for example). This is becasue the original controller is tightly integrated into the sprayer and operates the main product.

The pictures that KKK posted above show various combinations of equipment. One interior photo shows two SideKick consoles stacked together. This would be for a two pump system for two different products. Either one product, the other or both can be injected at any given time.

The rear view photo shows the mixer and injection point. If more than one pump were installed there would be another injection point for each pump.

The last photo shows three injection pumps mounted on a Deere 49X0.

I noticed a mixer lying with a stack of equipment yesterday that had four injection points - apparently someone is going for four products.

These various combinations of pumps/tanks/products offer much versatility.

Edited by tedbear 4/9/2009 07:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)