AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding RTK on a Trimble FMX 750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 8/30/2020 20:53 (#8467008 - in reply to #8466944)
Subject: RE: Adding RTK on a Trimble FMX 750

East Central, Nebraska
to add to that, you have 3 guidance accuracy unlocks on a 750, omni unlock which is the mid level and then rtk unlock. there are 3 levels of rtx. range point, center point and center point fast. i would consider range point just a slight step up from waas, it is not repeatable and not a whole lot better than waas but it does help, comparing it to deere sf1 would be a good comparison. center point rtx is clamed to be under 2 inch accuracy which i would agree with to a point but is not claimed to be year to year repeatable, this level requires the omni unlock. center point fast is the same accuracy as the centerpoint mentioned before but it converges almost instantly. its by far the most expensive and it requires an rtk unlock to use. if your wondering what convergence is, it is basically in a nut shell the amount of time it takes to get to full accuracy, it will show you on screen what the accuracy level is in inches. obviously you want it converged down to 2 or 3 inches or whats the point. the 750 has a threshold setting that will not allow it to steer until it is down to the accuracy level you set it to. that is important because you don't want to take of and it is on 20 inches and not know it. biggest problem is when you get around trees and hills it will knock the signal out and then the convergence timer starts over again. getting rtx fast eliminates all of the frustrations of that by converging instantly but you pay for that privlage.

if you want to avoid all of whats listed above stick with your idea to go to rtk. a couple years ago it was actually cheaper in the long run to go to rtk, more money up front but down the road it cost less than rtx. rtx brought their pricing down about a year ago so i am not sure how it all plays out now. i used to sell rtk service accross the US but have gotten out of that business to farm full time. any more questions ask away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)