AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Timex or Energizer Bunny?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 8/30/2020 09:54 (#8465902 - in reply to #8465842)
Subject: RE: Timex or Energizer Bunny?

NEMO
bleedgreen720 - 8/30/2020 08:22

I guess I have at least 10 more years left in my baler. Blew the first bearing this seaason at over 16000 bales. Bottom roller on the gate. Did you buy this baler new ? What sort of maintenace have you had to do to it ?

We bought it used at a neighbor/landlord retirement auction. He bought it new and it only had a couple thousand bales or so on it. (I can't remember for sure how many)

It has had a lot of new parts over the years. Bearings replaced as they go out. One top roller went out this summer. I'm sure we have done other rollers. The cam guide track on the pickup has been redone. Lots of fingers and finger guides. Replace chains as needed. It's on its second set of belts(the splices started to rip on the original belts).

The metal where the gate 'slams' shut against is starting bend out of shape. Slowed down the hydraulics to help not squish it more. I should measure it for reference as I don't think it has worsened this season.

I've commented several times and so has my hired hand that it makes just as good a bale now as ever. Experience I guess!!! (Some of that boils down to the rake man and baler operator.)

I'll be looking for a second baler if I continue to put up this much hay and straw. Keep thinking I'll get by another year. Would really like to see this one to 40k but if the right baler comes along at auction this one will be the backup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)