AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lipid panel - HDL and triglicerides
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/20/2020 21:37 (#8447238 - in reply to #8446990)
Subject: RE: Additional blood tests

Pittsburg, Kansas

I'm not a doctor but the ones I would be interested in is the HDL level and the triglycerides to HDL ratio. Would be nice if the HDL was higher but the ratio looks good. Triglycerides are low which is good. LDL would not mean anything to me unless it was a more through test which includes particle count and size. Native LDL is actually a good thing and necessary. It is oxydized small dense LDL that can be a problem, but it takes an advanced test to discover it. Guess what oxidizes LDL....... sugar and excessive carbs.

The other stuff listed I don't pay much attention to. A lot of doctors put a lot of emphasis on the PSA but my new doctor did not even order one. There is a lot of controversy over it causing a lot of excessive tests and biopsy's. I don't have a dog in the hunt one way or the other, but old school is PSA is meaningful with later thinking it is a crap shoot.

Like I said, not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Just my 12th grade education understanding. Take it for what it is worth.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)